Joint Call 12 (2018)
On October 10th 2017 ERA-NET Bioenergy in cooperation with BESTF3 launched a call for proposals on the topic “Biomass as an important pillar within energy systems and the circular economy”. (Calltext) Five countries participated with their national programmes in this coordinated activity: Austria, Poland, Germany, Switzerland and the Netherlands.
The following two projects were recommended for funding and have started their work in 2019 and 2020.
1. Development of an enzymatic CO2-capture strategy for an optimized microbiological methanation (CarbonATE – Summary)
- AT: University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna, BOKU, Institute of Environmental Biotechnology (coordinator), BE2020 – Bioenergy2020+, EVM – Energieversorgung Margarethen, AAT – Abwasser- und Abfalltechnik GmbH
- CH: AAT – ICBT – Institut für Chemie und Biotechnologie. Zürcher Hochschule, Paul Scherer Institute PSI, IUNR – Institut für Umwelt und Natürliche Ressourcen; Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften (IUNR)
2. Development of a new low-cost low-emission micro-scale pellet stove with advanced process control (LowEmi-MicroStove – Summary)
- AT: BIOS BIOENERGIESYSTEME GmbH (coordinator), RIKA Innovative Ofentechnik GmbH
- CH: University of Applied Sciences, Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW)
- DE: LAMTEC Meß- und Regeltechnik für Feuerungen GmbH & Co. KG