Joint Call 10 (2016)
In the framework of ERA-NET Bioenergy, the 10th joint call was launched on 12.10.2015 for proposals on the topic “Biobased economy” (call text). Five countries participated with their national programmes in this coordinated activity: Austria, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland and the Netherlands. The following two projects were recommended for funding and started their work in early 2017.
1. Oxygen carriers in fluidized bed combustion of biomass for higher efficiency, reduced emissions and negative CO2 (OxyCar-FBC)
- Partners from SE: Chalmers Tekniska Högskola AB (S, coordinator), Göteborg Energi AB
- Partners from AT: Technische Universität Wien, Bertsch Energy GmbH & Co KG
2. Enhanced catalytic fast pyrolysis of biomass for maximum production of high-quality biofuels (EnCat)
- Partners from NL: University of Twente (coordinator), Alucha Management B.V., OPRA Turbines International BV
- Partners from SE: Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Swerea IVF, Holmen AB
- Partners from AT: BIOS BIOENERGIESYSTEME GmbH
- Partners from PL: Institute for Chemical Processing of Coal, HIG Polska Sp. z. o.o.